323 Forrest Road, Hamley Bridge SA 5401Sold $770,000
Acreage Semi-rural Sold - Hamley Bridge SA
From the moment you walk into ‘Almaria’ you will be captivated with the large light filled rooms, quality restorations and feelings of home. She will capture your heart.
‘Almaria’ is steeped in history, being the Schwerdt family home for over 100 years. The current owners have invested wisely in the restoration and extension of the home over the past 18 years and have enjoyed raising their family in such an iconic residence and country community.
It sits on almost 5 acres of manicured gardens and open pastures. Perfect for you to enjoy the open space and fresh country air. If you are needing to commute, it is perfectly positioned only 25 minutes from Gawler and the Barossa Valley and now with the Northern Connector the city and suburbs have never been closer.
With 5 bedrooms all ranging in size there is ample choice for all the family. The master suite offers more flexibility if you are needing a separate space for an aging relative or even a B & B (subject to all consents and approvals).
You will never want or need to leave this beautifully restored property, with manicured gardens, solar heated saltwater pool and gabled pergola your friends and family will always be popping round to enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
● 12 ft ceilings to the original home, restored polished Jarrah timber floorboards throughout
● Ornate original ceilings and stained-glass windows featuring the Schwerdt family symbol, the sword
● An effortless flow into the extension encompassing family/games/meals area but in keeping with the original home
● Second family bathroom with separate vanity area and large free-standing Victoria & Albert reconstituated stone double-end slipper bath
● Rails, skirtings, cornices, and fireplaces have been restored to their former glory
● An exquisite master suite with views over the swimming pool and separate retreat leading into the magnificent bathroom with original claw bath, under floor heating and working ornate open fireplace
● Year-round comfort is provided with ducted evaporative air conditioning, split system air conditioning to the family/games/meals area and two slow combustion fireplaces
● The kitchen certainly has the wow factor with sparkling Jarrah benchtops, 1100 Falcon double oven and range hood, Bosch dishwasher, ample storage and cupboards, original fireplace, and large island bench
● You will find ample storage options throughout the home, including a dry cellar with constant temperature and European style laundry
● ‘Almaria’ is wrapped with an impressive period verandah, perfect to watch the sun set over the plains, or watch the kids play in the side garden
● The 11m fibreglass swimming pool is salt chlorinated and solar heated with separate storage shed for pool equipment
● A handy outside toilet with wash basin and gabled verandah will have you spending many a summer day entertaining by the pool
● Every man’s dream is to have their own garage. ‘Almaria’ has two garages joined by a removable wall. Room for ample vehicles with automatic doors and a huge workshop
● 100,000 litres of rainwater services the home with mains water also connected, and almost all the garden is irrigated
You must inspect ‘Almaria’ to truly appreciated the beauty and work that has gone into restoring and improving this beautiful home. Due to current COVID-19 safety measures we will be conducting inspections strictly by appointment. Please call Lisa Curnow on 0421 278 185 to book or email Lisa at email@example.com
- Acreage Semi-rural
- 5 bed
- 2 bath
- 4 Parking Spaces
- Land is 4.70 acres
- Floor Area is 343 m²
- 4 Garage