55 Horrocks Road, Penwortham SA 5453Sold $733,000
Acreage Semi-rural Sold - Penwortham SA
Live the Good Life…this is your ticket to that long-awaited tree change!
This stunning, architecturally-designed and award-winning house, is ready and waiting in the hills of Penwortham. The home boasts a clever, sustainable design that incorporates passive design principles that keep the house warm in Winter and cool in Summer, to aid comfort and reduce energy consumption. Built using a steel and timber frame, featuring insulating marine ply walls, a central sand-filled, besser block wall and polished concrete floors that contribute to the thermal mass of the building. The home is filled with light and the design is enhanced by curved and angled Colourbond ceilings; the design alludes to mid-century homes of yesteryear with the benefits of modern design and flair.
Soak in the stunning and ever changing views of the gorgeous Skilly Valley from the spacious north-facing front pavilion. The open-plan living area and kitchen are versatile and thoughtfully designed, a split system for the warmer months and a combustion heater for the cooler months, fans in all rooms aid air flow, no matter the season. There is a purposeful connection between inside and out via the bi-fold doors which lead out to the alluring, undercover pergola area which is fully insulated and perfect for entertaining.
There are three bedrooms. The impressive master suite is situated in the front pavilion; light and bright with plenty of storage space. The master suite has a large ensuite and an office nook, which is perfect for working from home while soaking in views of the garden. The family bathroom is located in the rear pavilion along with the two other bedrooms.
This is just a glimpse of what 55 Horrocks Road has to offer, it is surrounded by an established garden filled with an abundance of native, frost and drought tolerant, perennial plants which have been inspired by ‘Sophie’s Patch’ in the Adelaide Hills. In addition to this there is an olive grove, horse yards and paddocks, and an abundance of shedding.
The many features of this property include:
– Stunning main entrance featuring locally made bespoke leadlight doors and slate floors
– Newly constructed pergola with insulated Bondor panels
– 7kw Solar system
– 4 bay workshop/garage approx. 12 x 6m powered, concrete floor with wet area. Attached
3.5 x 6m shed, perfect for a caravan
– Olive Grove with approx. 250 trees over 3 acres, fully established, oil varieties Leccino and Frantoio, dry grown and yield between 200 – 500L annually.
– New 6 x 6m designer shed/garage
– 6 x 6m Carport
– Approx. 120,000ltr rainwater storage at house, plus additional 50,000ltr with stables and sheds
– 3 Horse shelters in individual paddocks with round yard, shedding / stables plus tack room
– Wood sheds, greenhouse, veggie patch and fruit trees.
– Composting, worm farm septic
Contact Brooke Edmonds for your private inspection
- Acreage Semi-rural
- 3 bed
- 2 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 7.50 acres
- Floor Area is 129 m²
- 2 Garage